Saturday, August 30, 2008

What Makes A Christian So Different From Everyone Else?

Think about what your answer would be.  What exactly does make a Christian so different from others?  Or at least, what is supposed to be the difference?

Now, let's take it up a notch.  Try answering the question but instead of your answer being in terms of what a Christian has that others do not, let your answer be in terms of what Christians do.

As a follower of Christ, of course I know the fact that I have His Spirit within me is a huge difference, but what I'm concerned with is the differences others can see.

What use is it, my brethren, if someone says he has faith but he has no works? Can that faith save him? If a brother or sister is without clothing and in need of daily food, and one of you says to them, "Go in peace, be warmed and be filled," and yet you do not give them what is necessary for their body, what use is that? Even so faith, if it has no works, is dead, being by itself. But someone may well say, "You have faith and I have works"; show me your faith without the works, and I will show you my faith by my works. (James 2:14-18)

No comments: