Wednesday, March 18, 2009

"Bless Your Heart"

I recently heard a guy MC a pretty big event and he talked about his time in the south (for those of you outside the U.S. the south is not so much a geographical thing as it is a area of the U.S.; I am currently in Florida and Florida is NOT the south). During his time there he heard a phrase quite frequently, "bless your heart". I haven't heard that since I was back in Louisburg, NC.

The MC talked about how he thought it was something sweet, but then he figured out it wasn't. After a while he figured that "bless you heart" was best translated as "you're an idiot". I never thought of it before, but that's pretty true.

Some of the youth in my youth group heard about this from the other couple that attended the conference with Sarah and I. . .let's just say we're hearing "bless your heart" all the time now.

1 comment:

Rick Lawrenson said...

You have how many fish tanks??
Bless your heart.