Friday, December 5, 2008

Whomp 'Em

This game was great and the youth REALLY got into it!  A fellow youth pastor showed me this game and I thought my youth would get a kick out of it.

You take a noodle (I don't know what they're really called but people play with them in pools and use them to float) and cut it in half.  Then you have a Whomping Stick.  You can hit someone with all your might and it doesn't hurt, but because the noodle is hollow it makes a loud boom on contact.  With the Whomping Stick the person in the middle walks around, Whomps someone, then runs to put down the Whomping Stick on the "cube" (we used a cooler),  and then tries to make it to the person's, who they Whomped, seat. . .all before the person they Whomped grabs the Whomping Stick from the "cube" and Whomps you back.  Oh, and a special note, if the Whomping Stick falls off the "cube", without being interfered with, then the person you Whomped gets 3 free Whomps!

This video of my youth's first exposure to it. . .(I'm sure we'll end up playing again since they loved it so much and kept asking to play more).



The music is "Secret Weapon" by MXPX.

No comments: